The Hilton Birmingham Metropole is off the M42, connected to the NEC. Birmingham Airport BHX and Birmingham International Rail Station are two miles away.
The NEC Birmingham, Pendigo Way, Birmingham, B40 1PP, United Kingdom
The closest station is Birmingham International. It is a 15-20 minute walk from the station from the station through the adjacent National Exhibition Centre, or you can take a taxi from the station.
Be careful that you don’t mix up the Birmingham International station with the similarly named Birmingham New Street. Birmingham International is about a 15 minute train journey from Birmingham New Street.
Birmingham International is fully accessible, with lifts between platforms and concourse as well as escalators and stairs.
We are aware of several issues that may affect travel at Birmingham International and through London. Please make sure you check for issues with the operators running the trains on your route, both ahead of time and on the day.
- Plan ahead using the National Rail Enquiries mobile app or journey planner, or your stations Live Departure & Arrivals Boards.
- Check your train again before you set off – and make a note of alternative trains, just in case something goes wrong.
- Claim compensation through Delay Repay if you’re delayed by 15 minutes or more.
Walking from the station
- Pass through the ticket barriers and turn right, following signs for the NEC, Resorts World and Genting Arena.
- At the end of a long walkway, take the stairs, escalator or lift down, pass through the doors and go straight ahead.
- Turn right by the cloakrooms – the Cornish Bakery is on the corner, but it is not very conspicuous – and walk until just after Londis on your left you descend by the steps, ramp or lift to ground level.
- Exit via the doors ahead of you (next to a branch of Starbucks).
- Bear left past the bus stop and look ahead of you for a signpost directing you left to the Hilton Birmingham Metropole.
Cross the crossing ahead of you to the right of the sign, go past the building with the pink vertical stripes to your left, cross the next crossing, and then turn left. This then takes you on good pavement along the edge of the Pendigo Lake.
- Just after the end of the lake is a crossing to the car park on the left (with a mud path continuing it into the wood). Just after that a hard path to the right runs through wooded gardens for about two hundred yards until it reaches the hotel. Take this path to go straight through the wood and into the hotel between its two wings – the entrance is marked ‘Hilton’. Once inside the hotel turn left to find convention registration, or right (check hotel map for accessible route through hotel) to find hotel registration.
- A longer route that allows you to reach first the entrance to the Monarch Suite for convention registration, or go a little further to the hotel’s main entrance, is to continue on the pavement beside the road to bend round to the right through a gate, across a road, and into the hotel’s own car park.
Taxi from the station
There is a taxi rank outside the main entrance.
There is also a black cab station just outside the airport, which is reachable step free from the station using the monorail.
- Leaving the station, turn left and follow the signs to the airport.
- This will take you to the monorail, which is free of charge.
- Take the monorail (it only has two stops, airport and station) to the airport.
- Leave the monorail area and turn right.
- Find the elevators on the right hand side and the escalators on your left. Go down one floor to ground floor and from there go straight ahead past the blue resting area.
- Take the first exit on the left and cross the street, the taxi stand is right in front of you.