In Person Panel/Talks/Programme Rooms
• We aim to have at least one wheelchair/scooter space marked in each programme room and for the layout to have space for a mobility scooter to manoeuvre. 
• We aim to have seating in any area where there is likely to be queueing and a volunteer to ensure that those who need to sit while queueing are still able to access the activity/panel. 
• We aim to mark some seats as reserved for those who need to sit or to be in a specific area e.g. close to the front for sight or hearing, and close to the back for anxiety or other needs.
• If we use staging or platforms we will ensure ramped access. 
• We will use microphones for speeches, readings and panels. 
• We will look at the need for a t-loop depending on demand and available budget. This will need to be prebooked via the registration form or by emailing the access team. 

Scooters
• We aim to have mobility scooters available, depending on the provision in the town or city of our venue. This will need to be prebooked via the registration form or by emailing the access team. We may ask you to contribute to the costs of this. 

Hotels
• We aim to ensure that our venue is as accessible as possible.
• There will be a lift to the function rooms (if they are not on the ground floor). 
• We aim to provide the lift dimensions so attendees know if they can access this. 
• We aim to provide a map and signage at the venue to aid navigation.
• We will provide details about the accessibility of the venue prior to any deadline for reduced rate memberships.

Publications Format
• We aim to ensure that publications, particularly programme information, is available online in a variety of formats.
• Large print may be available, particularly for programme information, but it is likely to be impractical for the souvenir book to be available in other formats. Please let us know if you would like this via the registration form or by emailing the access team. 

In Person Social Spaces
• We aim to have seats in all social spaces and space for mobility scooters to manoeuvre.

Quiet Room
• We will aim to provide a quiet room at the venue to allow people to take a break from the convention and quietly reenergise with minimal distractions.

Scent
• We ask all of our attendees to refrain from applying scented products while in the convention spaces, including in the toilets. (It is fine to wear scented products, but please apply them in your own hotel room or outside.)

Gender Neutral Toilets
• We aim to have at least one toilet that is designated gender neutral, but this is dependent on the venue allowing this.
• We do not police who uses which toilets and we expect our attendees not to do so either. We expect people to use the toilet that makes them comfortable and respect others’ need for privacy. We also understand that young children or others who need assistance will need to be in the same facility as the person assisting them.

Invisible Conditions
• We recognise that not all conditions are visible and trust our attendees to make their needs known without having to disclose medical information or ‘proof’. This means that we will not use a visible badge or sticker to indicate access needs; however, we are happy to provide a card that allows this to be communicated without verbal explanation. Use of this card is entirely optional. Attendees may choose to use the sunflower lanyard as an alternative. 

Allergies & Food
• We are not planning to provide food. We do not intend to introduce known allergens to the venue without being clear to our attendees. If you have an allergy (food or otherwise) or dietary requirement and would like this information passed on to party hosts, launch organisers or to the hotel, we are happy to do this. If the allergy relates to your hotel bedroom or included breakfast rather than the function rooms, we will ask you to contact the hotel directly. Please let us know on the registration form or by emailing the access team. 

Childcare
• We understand that childcare is an access issue and aim to provide crèche facilities for those who need this. This will need to be prebooked via the registration form or by emailing the access team. 
• We aim to have a child/family friendly programme stream. 
• We recognise that breast-feeding a baby is a normal activity and does not need to be hidden away. 

Communication
• We aim to have a visible way of indicating that you do not like being approached and that you do not wish to be engaged in conversation by people you don’t know, such as a slicker, badge or lanyard.
• We aim to provide pronoun stickers, but to make them optional.
• We will look at the need for interpreters in British Sign Language, depending on the demand and available budget. If this would be helpful for you, please do prebook via the registration form or by emailing the access team.

Alcohol
• We will ask organisers that any time alcohol or food is available there should be a soft drink option as well. This will apply to parties and launches. 

Online Access
• We aim to have a hybrid programme which allows virtual attendance. This will facilitate international access and participation as well. 
• We aim to have captions/subtitles on live and recorded online content.
• We aim to use software that is likely to be familiar to many attendees, and also to give people an opportunity prior to the event to use any software with which they might be unfamiliar. 
• We intend to provide written instructions and ideally a video demonstration of how to access virtual programming. 
• We aim to have more than one way of accessing tech support, in case attendees are not able to use a particular platform. 
• We intend to record online programme content, where appropriate, to allow this to be viewed later. We will ensure that attendees at the site know which rooms/programme items are being recorded. 
• We intend to provide a social space online in addition to a formal programme. This would not be recorded. 
• Our Code of Conduct will apply to online spaces and direct messaging as well as in physical places. 

Finances
• We will have a bursary for people who would struggle with the financial cost of attending, as well as a low-income membership rate. 

Covid
• We will put together and publicise a policy regarding Covid-19, if it is appropriate, closer to the time. 

General
• If you need anything else that we have not mentioned here, please do contact us and let us know. 
• Karen Fishwick is the committee member for Access; you can contact her via email on access@conversation2023.org.uk